The Finance Associate for technology is responsible for compliance with financial policies for contracting, purchasing and expense reporting and meeting financial close deadlines.
The financial support for purchasing and invoicing encompasses: the building renovation project (90M Expense), capital projects (5M Expense/year), and all Technology departments (6M G&S/ year for Radio Engineering, TV Engineering, IT, Facilities, Technology Operations Admin).
The Financial Associate will report to the Director of Financial Solutions, and will work collaboratively with KQED Finance and Legal departments as it relates to purchasing, financial reporting, and contracting.
This is a remote position working 18 hours a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Support the procurement process by creating requisitions as needed, receiving goods and services within the accounting system and distributing Purchase Orders, including terms and conditions, to vendors for all assigned departments and projects. Ensure sales/use tax is properly stated on invoices; ensure invoices are mathematically correct and approved by the responsible managers; and ensure documentation for received good and services are forwarded to accounts payable for accrual in the accounting system (e.g., packing slip, bill of lading, receiving log)
2. Work collaboratively with the Financial Analyst and Accounting Staff to ensure all financial reporting and forecasting complies with GAAP and that all necessary accruals related to portfolio departments and projects are submitted properly, well documented, and booked in a timely manner each month.
3. Perform multi-department credit card reconciliations on a monthly basis, ensuring proper PO’s are created, coding is correct, and required backup is included
4. Additional administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience with accounting fundamentals & GAAP
• Previous experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills with a customer service orientation
• Demonstrated, excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word • Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to coordinate information with various departments and divisions.
• Familiarity with Sage Intacct system preferred
• Degree or certificate in Business, Finance or Accounting disciplines preferred
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.