Full Time: Mid-Level Giving Manager
The Mid-Level Giving Manager is responsible for helping manage the program for members giving $1,000-4,999 annually, including solicitation planning and strategy, stewardship and data analysis. Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Mid-Level Giving, this position also manages a Mid-Level Giving Associate, and collaborates with the Membership team as well as the Development team. The ideal candidate will have experience planning fundraising campaigns, creating communications strategy and implementing stewardship. Attention to detail, strong project management skills and experience with CRM systems and databases are key qualities for this position. Familiarity with major gifts programs, public media fundraising and/or accounting skills is also highly desirable.
KQED envisions a public media organization with a culture that centers on human dignity, equity, and belonging. This will enable us to better serve and reflect the Bay Area through diverse and inclusive storytelling.
We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The mission that drives us:
KQED provide citizens of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media. We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
Salary Information: $75,500-$94,400 Annually
- Develop and test effective strategies to acquire new mid-level members, retain current members and upgrade contributions, while working closely with the Associate Director of Mid-Level Giving. Plan and execute multi-channel renewal, upgrade, additional gift and other select campaigns to meet revenue goals.
- Ensure healthy pipeline of members upgrading into the mid-level giving tier, as well as into the major giving program.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations team to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies; ensure proper benefits administration and recognition.
- Working closely with Associate Director of Mid-Level Giving, implement analysis on financial trends, key performance indicators (KPIs) and testing successes; ensure data-driven decision making on current and future strategy, to continuously strengthen relationships and increase revenue.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship, integrated on air drives and customer service. Participate in writing, editing, image sourcing and content approval.
- Collaborate within the Mid-Level team, with the Membership and Development teams, and across the organization with Audience Development, Marketing & Communications as well as other teams, to strengthen the organization and remove silos.
- Manage Mid-Level Giving Associate, providing consistent oversight and mentorship.
- Monitor public media giving trends and attend webinars, educational sessions on fundraising, or conferences to identify effective new fundraising approaches and solutions.
- Other essential duties as required.