Donor Relations Associate, Sustaining Member Stewardship
Under the direction of the Stewardship Program Specialist, the Sustaining Member Stewardship Associate is responsible for providing KQED’s monthly giving members with highly customized stewardship and customer service that reflects our gratitude for their critical financial support.
Salary range information will be provided to applicants who are contacted for an interview
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The successful candidate will be required to join National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET) Local 51.
- Oversees efforts to address trends in sustaining membership cancellations, including but not limited to pause and reinstatement campaigns as well as special reengagement offers.
- Contributes to strategic thinking about the entire sustaining membership timeline – including the anticipation, receiving, acknowledgment, and stewardship of the gift(s) – to ensure donor satisfaction and retention.
- Helps plan and staff special events and engagement opportunities for members, as well as those specifically for sustaining members.
- Assists with Third-Party donation processing and administrative support (such as vehicle, employee and employer donations).
- Provides text message member support through Hustle.
- Ensures consistent and timely fulfillment of sustainer benefits, specifically KQED’s pledge free stream.
- Responsible for daily, three hour dedicated customer service shift addressing inbound inquiries by phone and/or email and critical work assigned by the supervisor.
- Provides support for sustaining member-specific case queue, passport maintenance and outbound communication regarding premium updates, benefits and miscellaneous membership issues, as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (phone, in-person and written) .
- An openness to and excitement for learning new processes, programs, and skills as needed in order to deliver the highest possible quality of customer service and increase efficiency.
- Confidence to ask questions and request training when needed.
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact, diplomacy and excellent customer service.
- Proven track record in working with others to problem-solve and create effective solutions.
- The ability to multitask, collaborate, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with external vendors as well as staff within the Membership Department and in other departments throughout the organization.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word (experience with mail merges a plus).Experience with sustaining membership / monthly giving programs a strong plus.
- Experience with donor databases is a plus.
- Experience with customer service and donor relations is a plus.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.