Development Associate, Development Operations
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Development Operations, the Development Operations Associate is responsible for gift processing and data entry, donor acknowledgments, and coordinating major donor challenge grants during KQED’s pledge drives. This position also serves as a liaison between the Development Division and both the Membership and Finance Divisions.
Salary range information will be provided to applicants who are contacted for an interview
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Track incoming gifts to ensure the creation of timely records for KQED’s Finance Department. Collaborate with the Membership team to help gifts reach each respective department. Serve as the point-of-contact for all questions related to the receipt and coding for the Development Division’s donations. (30%)
- Enter gift processing records into CRM, Revolution Online. Interpret donor intention to decide which account each gift is coded to. Generate interdepartmental memos when a donation arrives that informs the processes of other divisions. Store digital copies of donor letters, agreements, and checks. (25%)
- Create donor acknowledgments and ensure that they are mailed within 72 hours of receipt. Collaborate with the Associate Director, Annual Fund and the Major Gifts team to confirm each letter’s accuracy. (25%)
- Record the sale stock donations, and notify the Membership Department when Basic and Leadership Circle donors’ stock is received. Research the fair market value of the shares sold. (10%)
- Identify gifts intended as on-air Challenge Grants. Monitor the balance of this account, and collaborate with the Membership Department and the Finance Department to release and schedule KQED’s major donor Challenge Grants. Communicate Challenge Grant results with the Associate Director, Annual Fund and the Major Gifts Officers. (5%)
- Engage in light customer service with Development Division donors. Provide occasional assistance to the Events Manager at KQED’s Major Donor events. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational training with at least 3-5 years of professional experience.
- At least one year of experience of data entry and customer service.
- Working knowledge of CRM management, preferable in Revolution Online is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with advanced proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of Google suites.
- Ability to work well on multiple, simultaneous projects under pressure with differing deadlines.
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.