Revenue Accountant is responsible for daily processing and coding of a high volume of customer billing and cash receipts, and managing the general Accounts Receivable email to ensure timely response within 24 hours and resolution to inquiries within 3 days. KQED’s annual operating revenue of $80 million is derived from sources including contributions from members, underwriting revenue, development revenue, trade and in-kind donations, and fee for service arrangements. The Accountant is also responsible for the preparation of revenue related journal entries and related reports in accordance with GAAP.
1 – Process daily cash receipts (i.e. cash, checks, EFT, and credit cards transactions) and ensure proper coding to the general ledger and revenue recognition in compliance with GAAP
- Record daily receipts in the GL software (Intacct) and the trafficking system (WideOrbit)
- Review support documentation to ensure accurate GL coding and compliance with GAAP, including donor‐restrictions, and audit requirements
- Identify donor‐restricted funds and coordinate wire transfers between banking institutions, and prepare journal entry
- Communicate effectively with other departments regarding GL coding issues, and to provide support for their records
- Investigate, answer and resolve internal and external payment and aging inquiries in a timely manner
- Download daily banking information and prepare detailed daily cash report
- Download credit card activity online and reconcile with cash received, including identifying payments, chargebacks, fees and receivable
- Deposit weekly checks electronically
- Deposit cash and other payments not processed electronically at the bank
2 – Prepare and distribute invoices utilizing the WideOrbit trafficking system
- Generate weekly underwriting invoices
- Follow through with custom invoice delivery instructions including uploading invoices to external sites, confirming prepayment before generating invoices, and resolving delivery issues to ensure all invoices are received in a timely manner
- Answer internal and external, invoice and aging inquiries, and resolve related issues
- Facilitate communication between customers’ payable department and internal Corporate Sponsorship department to maintain billing and advertiser records
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes are made to billing and advertiser records to ensure successful future invoice delivery.
- Analyze monthly prepayment balances by order to identify possible credit or debit memos.
- Support internal collections efforts including identifying short payments, confirming invoice adjustments, and verifying successful delivery of invoices.
- Assist internal Sales Executives in accessing billing, payment and receivable information in Wide Orbit
- Run Dun & Bradstreet credit reports and assess credit limit for new advertisers
3 – Manage general accounts receivable telephone and email messages.
- Independently manage a large amount of incoming emails
- Triage emails to ensure information is forwarded to the appropriate staff, action items are successfully completed, issues resolved, payment notifications are saved to be easily referenced as needed, and informational emails set aside for review.
- Answer, forward and screen general AR phone calls in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal staff and external customers
4 – Prepare and distribute other invoices utilizing the GL software (Intacct)
- Generate invoices based upon billing requests received from internal departments (tenants, radio, production fees, etc)
- Electronically distribute accounts receivable reports to departments per schedule
- Mail and email invoices to customers, and collect payment on unpaid invoices
- Analyze month end receivable balance by customer and prepare journals to correct errors
- Maintain the master customer record
5 – Vehicle donation program
- Track vehicle donations and related receivable using reports from third party vendor
- Calculate year end journal entry to accrue for vehicles donated by fiscal year end
6 – In‐kind donation
- Compile in‐kind donation documentation from various departments and review supporting documentation to determine proper recognition of in‐kind donations monthly.
- Prepare journal entry to record in‐kind revenue
7 – Trade/Barter agreements
- Compile trade donation documentation from various departments and review supporting documentation to determine proper recognition of in‐kind revenue and expense monthly
- Prepare journal entry to record in‐kind revenue and expense
8 – Prepare journal entries for all revenue streams and cash activity with appropriate supporting documentation. Submit records of account reconciliations to management as stipulated.
9 – Assist the Revenue Accounting Supervisor in obtaining supporting documentation and record challenge grant revenue in accordance with GAAP ensuring conditions are met based upon information provided from Development, Membership and Underwriting.
10 – Assist the Revenue Accounting Supervisor in obtaining supporting documentation to prepare monthly journal entry to record taxable revenue in accordance with GAAP
11 – Perform other duties as assigned (e.g. filing, scheduling, meeting set‐up, etc.)
BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting or 4-5 years related experience in accounts receivable accounting with a medium to large size organization.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with staff and customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and proficient with Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and 10‐key skill
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting and related software and ability to understand the flow of information between support system, subsidiary and general ledger and reconciliation between systems
- Public broadcasting and/or nonprofit industry experience preferred
- 2 to 3 years of revenue accounting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Navision, Intaact, SalesForce, and WideOrbit software.
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.