The Marketing Design and Research Analyst will manage the creation of marketing sales materials, research data, and will identify sales category growth opportunities for KQED corporate sponsorship funding. The Marketing Design and Research Analyst will spearhead and thoughtfully design the development of new partnerships with businesses that support KQED’s strategic priorities, particularly in audience engagement and education.
This role is for a passionate and inquisitive storyteller; taking Nielsen, Arbitron, Scarborough research data for KQED platforms including TV, radio and interactive and developing compelling corporate sponsorship pitches and messaging.
This position reports to the Corporate Sponsorship Director of Sales Operations and Media Strategy.
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
Other Job Functions:
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. 2-3+ years of marketing experience including audience and media research. Nielsen, Arbitron, Scarborough/Prime Lingo, Strata, PPM Analysis Tool, PPM Weeklies and Media Audit experience preferred.
3. Expertise in copy writing and design editing for marketing and sales materials..
4. Experience in mobilizing and collaborating with cross-functional and inter-departmental teams. Ability to set strategy, meet key performance objectives, work independently as well as in a team.
5. Experience working with a sales team with marketing data/research in radio, television, online and/or ad agency or other relevant sales/marketing experience.
6. Must possess a strong work ethic – be a self-starter committed to excellence. Ability to be flexible and work on several projects simultaneously.
7. Experience with various software programs such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive Suite (Sheets, Slides, Doc), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook), Docsend, Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud,
8. Ability to travel locally or sit in on virtual video conference calls for sponsor meetings.
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.