Financial Associate - Membership
The Financial Associate – Membership will provide overall financial support and oversee all accounts payable activities for the Membership Division, representing expenses in excess of $10M. The position with work collaboratively with client departments to facilitate spending requests and provide updates periodically on vendor level spending. The position may also assist with financial support for KQED administrative departments, such as Finance and the President’s Office.
The successful candidate will be required to join National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET) Local 51.
Salary range information will be provided to applicants who are contacted for an interview
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Support the procurement process by creating requisitions as needed, receiving goods and services within the accounting system and distributing Purchase Orders, including terms and conditions, to vendors for all assigned departments and projects. Ensure sales/use tax is properly stated on invoices; ensure invoices are mathematically correct and approved by the responsible managers; and ensure documentation for received good and services are forwarded to accounts payable for accrual in the accounting system (e.g., packing slip, bill of lading, receiving log)
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable team on financial inquiries as needed
- Complete the AMEX reconciliation as well as expense reimbursements
- Assist the Financial Analyst with month end financial reporting
- Complete monthly journal entries related to direct mail
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting directed by the Director as needed.
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience in accounts payable, accounting or general finance
- Oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with cross-functional departments with a customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicate with key stakeholders spending levels available on blanket POs
- Experience with financial systems such as Intacct Concur; basic excel skills
- General understanding of budgets
- Good aptitude with numbers
- Strong initiative and ability to work autonomously with the ability to prioritize to meet stated deadlines
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.