Under the leadership of the Director, Marketing and Communications this position is responsible for developing and executing the marketing, advertising and communications plans and strategy for KQED’s building renovation, public opening and events series. Plans and messaging will be cultivated for audience members, members, community members, media and the general public.
The manager will work closely with the MarCom, Development, Membership, Events, President’s Office and with the building project managers, architecture firm, and other key partners.
- Create a comprehensive advertising and marketing plan that leads up to and extends past the building public opening currently planned for late summer / early fall 2021.
- Conduct media planning and buying across a variety of platforms.
- Work with the Creative Services team to develop advertising creative supporting the redesigned building and how it aligns with the station’s brand mission and pillars, as well as for grand opening events and the news series of in person events in the Commons event space.
- If necessary, research and engage with media agency to support campaign.
- Plan will includes activations of KQED’s in-house promotional platforms, including TV and radio promos, social media channels, newsletters, On KQED member magazine and website.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Director to execute public announcement of the building’s grand opening event(s). Responsibilities may include:
- Write and distributes press materials for the building opening for local and national properties.
- Pitch media outlets and coordinate interviews with KQED’s President and CEO, building architects and other key project stakeholders.
- Coordinate press tours of the site.
- Hire photographer(s) and develop a gallery of images for promotional use and to support media requests.
- Work with design team and architecture firm to coordinate updating of support materials (i.e. one-sheets, FAQs, project staff bios, renderings, floor plans).
- Communicate out to staff and stakeholders the marketing plan and results, and earned media.
- Create a wrap-up report after the opening even(s)t that outlines advertising/marketing campaign performance, as well as a summary of all earned media about the building opening to date.
- Notify key stakeholders, including Development, President Office, Board and architects, of any notable publicity as we receive coverage.
- Working primarily with the Events and Patron Events teams, conduct community outreach for input and feedback on a series of live events for The Commons, a newly created space for in-person convening.
- In collaboration with Development team: Update and create additional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for use in public, partner and staff meetings. Works with team to identify and update other supporting materials (one-sheets, image contact sheets, etc.) and syncing public communications timeline with Development’s.
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. Five or more years of experience in advertising, marketing and PR, preferably with experience working on a large, public-facing capital project and/or building opening.
3. Experience with media buying and planning for a large campaign.
4. Experience running digital campaigns on platforms like Google Display Network and Google Ad Words
5. Strong writing, copy editing and creative skills required.
6. Strong facilitation skills and Strategic thinking for large, long-term projects and attention to detail in execution of promotional plans.
7. Excellent communications skills (email, phone and in person) for media, general public and staff.
8. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
9. Experience in leading design processes and knowledge of marketing communications best practices.
10. Ability to manage across and up, when collaborating on multiple projects and cross–departmental teams
11. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.