Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
KQED is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join the Audience Development team. Reporting to the Digital Engagement Director, the Social Media Manager will play a key role in building and driving an optimized social media strategy for KQED’s flagship accounts. The role works closely with team members across Content, Membership, MarComm, and Creative, to execute strategic campaigns, build an audience-first content experience, and help execute day-to-day posting on social media. The right candidate is a blend of creative-thinker and data-driven strategist who can channel an audience-centric mindset into everything ranging from day-to-day tasks to larger, cross-functional campaigns.
Salary range information will be provided to applicants who are contacted for an interview
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
- Support the development and implementation of a cross-platform social strategy and content program for KQED’s flagship accounts
- Work with Social Media Associate to manage content calendar and execute day-to-day posting across all major social platforms
- Work cross-functionally with members from Content, Membership, MarComm, and Creative to strategically promote content and initiatives on social
- Track social performance metrics and analyze trends on an ongoing basis, elevating insights to Audience Development and relevant stakeholders
- Create visual assets in Canva and film casual video for distribution on social
- Collaborate with Design to create custom assets for special projects and campaigns
- Create social toolkits for campaigns and disseminate amongst key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Audience Development team to better consider and center diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in KQED’s social media approach
- Set up and manage paid ads on an as-needed basis with direction from Digital Engagement Director
- Support community engagement and moderation across KQED’s flagship social accounts
- Work with Social Media Associate and Digital Engagement Director to develop reports that analyze the performance of our social program, paid ads, and campaigns
- Capture KQED’s brand voice in social copy and ensure consistency across social channels
- Research competitive landscape and tune into social trends to identify opportunities for KQED to grow engagement and followers, optimize strategy, and better establish best practices
Required Knowledge / Experience:
- 3 - 5 years experience in social media marketing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated history tracking social analytics and distilling them into actionable takeaways
- Experience with social media management tools e.g. Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, Later
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated history managing multi-layered projects across various cross-functional teams
- Be adept at balancing a creative approach with a data-driven mindset
- Experience collaborating with a range of stakeholders on various projects
- Project management experience from concept to completion
Desired Knowledge / Experience:
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience working for a digital publisher, public media, or nonprofit organization
- Experience creating and managing paid social ads
- Interest in the evolving social media landscape
- Experience navigating and leveraging insights from Google Analytics
- Possess a proactive approach in looking for opportunities where the team/business can improve whether it be efficiency, measurement or collaboration
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.