Full Time: Engagement Producer, Latinx Initiative
Engagement Producer, Latinx Initiative
KQED is hiring an Engagement Producer to support storytelling and audience engagement with Latinx communities on KQED’s digital platforms. This person will play a critical role in supporting KQED’s Latinx Initiative to meet Latinx audiences where they are with original, informative content reflective of their needs, interests, and experiences. The Engagement Producer will be devoted to community-listening and designing innovative content experiences on digital platforms that best serve Latinx audiences and foster authentic conversations and connections. The right person for this role will have strong Latinx cultural competency, be a savvy digital storyteller with experience in social media, and possess a strategic mindset around audience growth and content. This position is on the Audience Development team and reports to the Director of Digital Engagement.
KQED envisions a public media organization with a culture that centers on human dignity, equity, and belonging. This will enable us to better serve and reflect the Bay Area through diverse and inclusive storytelling.
We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
The mission that drives us:
KQED provide citizens of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media. We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
This role will work hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Salary Range: $68,000-$85,000 Annually
- Ideate, create, and execute digital-first strategies that engage Latinx audiences
- Translate relevant content from English to Spanish for repurposing on digital platforms
- Conduct community-listening to better understand the needs of Latinx audiences and how KQED can help meet them
- Own, manage, and grow the KQED en Español Instagram account: design social templates, publish vertical video, conduct community engagement, implement growth strategy
- Collaborate with other engagement producers and the Latinx Initiative Team to share learnings and optimize audience engagement strategies and community participation
- Develop digital content experiences that build a two-way dialogue between LatinX audiences and KQED
- Identify stories of strong interest to KQED Latinx audiences and be able to package these stories in an optimized way for digital
- Attend KQED events that have a Latinx focus and capture images & video to repurpose on digital
- Support cross-functional campaigns deemed relevant for Latinx audiences and develop strategies for reaching audiences through these campaigns
- Document and report out learnings to the Latinx Initiative Team and establish best practices for Latinx engagement on digital platforms
- Native or Bilingual proficiency in the Spanish language with strong command of its nuanced rules in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- 1 - 2 years of experience in social media marketing
- Experience creating multimedia content for digital platforms
- Experience tracking performance analytics and distilling them into actionable takeaways
- Be adept at balancing a creative approach with a data-driven mindset
- Experience collaborating with a range of stakeholders on various projects
- Ability to identify and deploy cutting-edge engagement and audience growth strategies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience creating original, digital content for Latinx audiences
- Project management experience from concept to completion
- Experience with social media management tools such as Sprout Social
- Experience with Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop
If you’re interested in this job but don’t feel like you meet all of the qualifications, please consider applying and tell us more about yourself.