Full-Time: Local Marketing Director
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Mid Level
The Local Marketing Director is responsible for identifying, developing and securing marketing and communications funding from corporations, organizations and their agencies, who wish to communicate, through sponsorship messaging, with KQED multi-platform audiences across radio, television, digital and live events.
This role will be hybrid between working in KQED's newly renovated headquarters and working remotely. KQED requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or to provide documentation of a need for exemption.
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
- Meets aquarterly and annual assigned sponsorship goal under the direction of the Executive Director of Corporate Sponsorship by securing marketing and communications funding from corporations, organizations and their agencies, who wish to communicate, through sponsorship messaging, with KQED multi-platform audiences across radio, television, digital and live events.
- Actively cultivates new business in collaboration with the Executive Director of Corporate Sponsorship in identifying new targeted prospects and continually generates new prospects.
- Manages the relationship with existing and prospective KQEDcorporate sponsors; maintains contact by scheduling meetings with decision makers, attending conferences, and making outbound telephone calls and sending written correspondence.
- Enters and maintains all clients/agencies/orders in the Wide Orbit traffic system; enters new clients/agencies, orders, makes changes/edits to orders and is responsible for managing all pre-empts, make good and/or credits. This role is also responsible for generating and sending past due invoices to clients if needed.
- Develops proposals for advertising agencies and local companies utilizing quantitative and qualitative researchas necessary.
- Renews funding from existing underwriting clients, increasing investment levels annually and extends underwriting into new properties.
- Collaborates with other non-sales department staff as assigned to develop new business, leveraging each individual’s contacts and expertise toward achieving team and individual sales goals.
- Responsible for collecting outstanding monies owed. Monthly Ageing Reports will be reviewed and maintained to ensure KQED cash receipts in a timely manner. Ensures that outstanding balances are kept to a minimum and do not exceed 90 days outstanding.
- Responsible for entering/creating/updating contacts into Salesforce. All notes/activity and sales activity is entered in Salesforce. In addition, is responsible for entering and updating weekly adjustments to pending close activity. Weekly pending reports will be pulled for all sales activity. Responsible for accurate and up to date weekly pending information. Responsible for maintaining and updating all activity.
- Minimum 5 years experience new business development selling digital and broadcast media with a proven track record of success in achieving quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Ability to work independently and secure senior level meetings surrounding marketing and communications strategies.
- Ability to persuasively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable using PPM, Strata, PrimeLingo, Salesforce, WideOrbit and Microsoft Office
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) plan. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide people with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.